Austin City Limits: Hipsters?

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Austin City Limits: Hipsters?

Post by nobodygirl »

from pbs.org:
ENCORE: Spoon followed by Ben Kweller December 11
Austin’s own Spoon has been getting national attention for their intelligent, high energy rock. Highlights include songs from their most recent album Kill the Moonlight. Alternative rock upstart Ben Kweller, formally of the ’90s band Radish, goes solo. His energetic performance includes “How It Should Be (Sha Sha)” and “Lizzy.”

The Flaming Lips followed by The Shins December 18
Austin City Limits explores the world of indie-rock with performances by two innovative bands: The Flaming Lips followed by The Shins. The unique emotional, artsy, acid rock of The Flaming Lips has brought this Oklahoma-based band pop culture icon status. Since the late ‘90s, The Shins have been building a following with their clever, cryptic pop songs.

word on the street (okay, I read it in someone's livejournal) is that the Flaming Lips are going to perform "War Pigs." With Cat Power. wtf?