Tall Grass Captains of Greater Chicago

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Tall Grass Captains of Greater Chicago

Post by Barabajagal »

OK, guys, here's my band. We have a new album out and it's already picked up some very nice reviews so far. There's some MP3s on our website http://www.tgcogc.com, and the CD is available at amazon and cdbaby.

A little background: I meant for this record to be a song cycle about coming through loss a la the Zombies' Odyssey & Oracle; it has its roots in some recent personal tragedies. Ultimately it is an elegy for an absent female figure (friend/sister/mother/archetype). It's meant to reward repeated listens with little sonic goodies and recurring motifs. So far it's been compared to Elliott Smith, Flaming Lips, Beatles, Built to Spill, Paul Simon. What, am I going to argue?!

Thanks for any smattering of attention you might give it. Let me know what you think!
Last edited by Barabajagal on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Maarten »

wow, i must say i'm impressed. brilliant melodies, great variation. if all songs are as good as these 4 you have a killer album.
do you only sell online? good luck on getting it on the road and in the shops, i could definately see myself buying this!
Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

Thanks very much, Maarten! Suffice to say, if you like those songs, I think you'll like the album. It's very much meant to be taken as one piece.

Yes, right now we're only selling online. We could do mail order, as well (PM me or email the website). We have some "brick and mortar" (actual item in stores) avenues but we decided right now it wouldn't be a proper use of our limited resources. If word gets around a bit more then we'd begin that phase.