Riviera Announcement - Opening for Tweedy

Forum to discuss the Glorious Noise recording artists, Riviera.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli »

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:
You got that right, dude. Riviera played the hell out of it. You guys definitely should post it.
Agreed.

I absolutely loved when you guys played that song. Though I had no idea it was a cover when you did.

That absolutely rocked. I can't wait til it's posted so I can hear it again.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: Riviera Announcement - Opening for Tweedy

Post by Jake »

D. Phillips wrote:Don't forget, the CD release for At the End of The American Century... (Glorious Noise Records) is Saturday, April 2 at Schubas in Chicago.
Hey, you all might want to order your tickets now for the cd release show, because Schubas isn't that big and this is pretty much guaranteed to sell out. If you wanna see Riviera in an intimate venue, now's your chance. See you there.
Last edited by Jake on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl »

Jake wrote: Hey, you all might want to order your tickets now for the cd release show, because Schubas isn't that big and this is pretty much guaranteed to sell out. If you wanna see Riviera in an intimate venue, now's your chance. See you there.
BLUCAS!

Can this decide the day and location that we see the Mountain Goats? Can it can it huh huh?
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

nobodygirl wrote: BLUCAS!
Can this decide the day and location that we see the Mountain Goats? Can it can it huh huh?
Oh yes, it will be. I'll be pming you later. Thinking of coming to Chicago for the Riviera show? There are SO MANY fucking good shows in April.
nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl »

dieblucasdie wrote: Thinking of coming to Chicago for the Riviera show?
Yessir.

Here, it's there are so many fucking good shows RIGHT NOW.
So many that I have begun referring to March as Marchtober.
Why? because I AM HILARIOUS.
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

nobodygirl wrote: Yessir.

Here, it's there are so many fucking good shows RIGHT NOW.
So many that I have begun referring to March as Marchtober.
Why? because I AM HILARIOUS.
Whenever the weather's bad, I invariably curse the "Lousy Smarch Weather!"
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

Derek/Jake,

You guys have any idea how many cds you sold at the show? I know of two, anyway: my copy (listening now, great stuff) and some other guy standing next to me.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Jiggle Billy wrote:Derek/Jake,

You guys have any idea how many cds you sold at the show? I know of two, anyway: my copy (listening now, great stuff) and some other guy standing next to me.
Thousands, my son. Thousands.
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

How lovely! Too bad (word on the street is) Jake takes 99.9% of all sales to feed his Twinkie habit.
Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Post by Dreamin »

Jake wrote: Damn, I wish I'd known you were at the show. Would've loved to have met you.
Ditto! Sam(orama) talked me into going to these shows while we were waiting outside the 9:30 Club in DC in a snowstorm a couple weeks ago. Definitely the best impulsive/crazy decision I've made in ages. The Saturday show was probably the most moving live music experience I've ever had in my life (no joke). It was like one big hootenanny and Jeff clearly responded to the audience singing along with him. I'll never forget the big grin his face during Someday Soon.

I asked Derek if you were going to be there and he said, "no", so I blame him. J/K ;) I did get to meet Derek and Megan (?), and Josh (very briefly), but it would have been cool to put a few more faces to names. C'est la vie. I'm sure I'll get a chance to visit Chicago again someday. It's a very cool city and I'd like to see more of it.
Last edited by Dreamin on Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.